Friday, April 25, 2008

Eating Out

I went into a restaurant the other day for a nice dinner and a bottle of wine. The dialogue with the waiter went something like this (some paraphrasing),

Hi, I’m looking for a good Gamza.
Huh!
OK, how about an Auxerroix!
What?
Maybe a Bobal? Or an Alicante Bouschet?
(Raised eyebrow)
Maybe I should go with a white ---do you have an Rkatsiteli? Or a Moscophilero?
(There goes the other eyebrow)
Fine….I’ll have a good Axina.
(Waiter just closed his eyes and began shaking his head.)
OK. What do you recommend?
(Now the waiter brightened up.) We have great Burgundies from California and New Jersey.
Burgundy from New Jersey?
Yeah, and its good stuff.

I looked at my wife for help.
She looked at the waiter and said, “What kind of beers do you have?”
Now the waiter smiled. Before he could answer though, my wife added, do you have Duval?
How about Dinkle Acker? Or maybe Ommegang?
With a deep sigh the waiter finally interrupted and began, “Bud, Bud light, Miller,…..

Finally, I looked at the waiter and said, “Hamburger, fries and coke, no ice”. My wife chimed in, “I’ll have the same.”
The waiter responded, “Good Choice.”

If there’s a moral to the story, I can’t find it. – Fred Horowitz – http://www.suburbanwines.com/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Fred, you and T have got to stop eating at Arby's.
Best Henry P.

Suburban Wines said...

Henry,
You kow how much Fred loves a good Hamburger!
Lance