Thursday, May 8, 2008

Suburban Goes to Italy and France - Part Four


Today I have a mission. I am searching for some Dolcetto. The 2006 vintage offers many things to like and I am glad to be able to taste through many of them in one sitting so I can make my selections. The above picture is an example of how these tastings work. They set up a table and line up about 20 different Dolcetto’s. Then…we taste and make notes. Now, this is a special table set up so that one can taste through all of the 2006’s at once. If you choose to, you can taste them all individually and speak with the winemaker for each of the bottles (and taste the rest of their line). I did plenty of that as well, but since I was looking for Dolcetto, I decided that this would be a good place to look.


This is my opportunity to taste through the wines, review pricing, see what type of quantities are available, and get an overall opinion of the vintage. I usually find myself craving Dolcetto this time of year. No logical explanation for this, but I think it could be related to the start of “eating outdoor season” (I just made that up). I really enjoy lighter pastas and grill inspired pizza outside in the spring, and Dolcetto is a perfect match….. – Lance Cerutti – http://www.suburbanwines.com/

No comments: